Friday, May 8, 2009

and the winner is....

Me! Remember a few posts back I put up a picture I submitted to the photo contest?? Well it won. I was actually surprised that that specific picture won, because I also submitted the picture that is my banner for this blog (the picture of the lake) and thought for sure that one was better and more of an "iconic kiwi image," but the judges decided on the pictures of the Remarkables. I also SHOULD have won in another category, which was just "iconic pictures," because my sail picture

received one more vote than the winner, but since I had already won one section, they "wanted to share the winnings around." Go here to see all the pictures submitted in the 3 categories.  

Other than that not a lot has been going on this week. Lots of work and rain. It has been absolutely POURING here all week. I have been very glad that I asked Mum to send my gum boots because they have been getting heaps of use this week. Totally have paid for their cost to ship them to me :-) lol Today in Yoga it was raining so hard the instructor had to yell over it so we could hear him!! However I did go out and brave the weather for a few hours with one of my flatmates. I have had my eye on a pair of shoes since March, and today Sophie totally peer preasured me into buying them. They were just put on sale so OF COURSE it was a good deal....and with the exchage rate it was even better! lol So I got them....they are amazing....I love them......and I don't know how I ever lived without them. Ok I'm done obsessing, even though I have been wearing them all over the flat since I got back to break them in...duh! My other flatmates (boys) think I'm nuts, but how can you NOT love these shoes?
Gorgeous right?????

Well, on Sunday, my program is taking me on a tour of Weta works, which is Peter Jackson's production company here in Wellington. It is affectionately known as Wellywood to the locals. I am super excited and can't wait to tell all yous guys (sorry is the Bostonian in me) about it!! I have decided that it's the next best thing to getting a private tour of Skywalker Ranch....but since THAT hasn't happened yet, I guess I can settle for this lol. And who knows, I might even get lost in the wardrobe.......
More to come on Sunday/Monday
~Marjorie

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting shoes! Now, you do have the appropriate outfit to wear them with, right? No? Oh my gosh, you might just have to go shopping again..........have fun.....

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are like old lady shoes.. you are NOT an old lady. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and hello, i happen to know someone who can get you a tour of skywalker ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i dont think they are old lady shoes....they are very hot...and since whey do old lady shoes have a stet heal?

    ReplyDelete