Monday, March 16, 2009

The wonderful world of Telecom and flickr

Hi Guys,

So as you probably have notcied, the posts have not been coming as regurlarly as I had once said they would. That is because the internet (and phone) provider down here, Telecom, is the WORST!!! We have been waiting for over a week for the people at Telecom to switch on our dial tone, and they have yet to get back to us about when our modem is being delivered. My final roommate did move in last Wednesday, and brought with him another provider's modem and turned it on. Hence how I was able to upload fun posts for a while. However, Woosh (the other internet provider) told Boris (my flatmate) that since it had been over 6 months with their service he needed to change his password and reboot the system with the comptuer specified on the contract as the "partent" computer. Well, his comptuer has shut him out, telling him he has "forgot" his password and therefore will not even let him log in! So woe is me and I must wait for a little while longer for home internet access. Back up to the library for me.



Also...flickr sucks. I do not feel like paying for it and so it gives me limited storage space. Well of course, I (like my parents) always take the highest quality pictures, so when I export my pictures from my computer they are pretty large. I tried to upload the first of FIVE albums I have ready in iPhoto waiting to be shared with the world, and it told me that I had already gone over my monthly allowance. So I have uploaded smaller versions of one album worth of pictures to my Flickr account. In the future I will be uploading larger versions of the pictures to my Picasa account (since I have no limit on the storage space there). But for now, here are the pictures on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/parp4lyfe/sets/72157615167918220/
if that doesn't work then flickr is not my friend.

~Marjorie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time (which, of course, you should be). While you are having fun in the sun- we've had snow, wind and rain. I think it is winter's last try. Spring is just around the corner- our tulips have started peeking their heads up. Continue to have fun, study hard and try not to come back with an Aussie accent!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete