Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kia Ora from NZ

HEY from the other side of the world!

Sorry that this post has taken for ever to come, but I have been without internet for the past 2 weeks. Believe me, it has been killing me more that it has you lol. But I am alive and I did arrive safely for everyone who has been worrying.

I got here almost 2 weeks ago (it seems like more than that). Details on everything as well as pictures will be coming as soon as I get internet at my flat (right now I am writing this at the school library and I can only be on the computer for 15 minutes since there is a wait...).

My life in NZ so far in breif:
Left on Thrusday Feb 12th, landed on Saturday Feb 14 [what happened to Feb 13th no one will ever know...]
Had orientation about an hr north of Aukland at Shakespear National Park for 4 days...it was georgeous and amazing with lots of kai [ explanation to come later].
Landed in Wellington in the late afternoon of Tuesday Feb. 17th and wasn't really able to settle in becuase I was put into temporary houseing. But i did have fun exploring Wellington and attended the largest street carnival in NZ (which wasn't THAT big lol). Oh and I also registered for classes.
Saturday Feb. 21st I was able to move into my house (its awesome!) and on Sunday I got 2 flatmates (also known as roommates in the states lol)
Monday Feb 23rd I was off for a week to explore the South Island (New Zealanders are very creative with their names...) with four of my friends. Took LOTS of pictures all which will be coming soon....I hope.

Well the libraray attendents are giving me bad looks, and the que for the computers is getting longers, so I should go. But AS SOON AS I get internet at my flat I will be posting all of the details of the trip thus far and posting the long over due pictures of this beautiful land that I am calling home for the next 5 months!

Hope all is good stateside!! Cheers ~Marjorie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marjorie -

    Was a little confused/concerned about why we hadn't heard anything, but understand the internet situation.

    It sounds like a great adventure, so far. I will pass this along to Chong-ho and Paul who have asked about you, and post it for others in the Department.

    Looking forward to your future posts.

    Be well,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so exciting! I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps- join flickr for all your pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete